This tender salmon soup of joyful green color is made from lettuce, although for us to cook lettuce leaves is not the most usual thing. We are still used to eating them raw.
Try it – it is very gentle and fragrant, quite suitable for festive dinners, and for the usual everyday lunch.
- 3 large heads of lettuce
- 450 g fresh salmon fillet
- 1.5 cups fish broth
- 3 tbsp. l sour cream (fresh cream, cream cheese or natural yogurt)
- 3 tbsp. l lime juice
- 2 tbsp. l butter
- small bunch of dill
- salt, freshly ground white pepper
- Disassemble the salad into leaves, remove the bottom white part. Boil water, immerse the leaves in boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Then put the lettuce leaves in a blender, add the fish broth and mash.
- Then add sour cream, lime juice, pepper and whisk in the blender again. Taste, salt, pepper and add a pinch of sugar. Pour into a saucepan and cover with a lid.
- Salmon, cut into small cubes, fry them in butter, 3 minutes., Slightly dry on a paper towel. Salt, pepper.
- Heat up the soup a little (it should be neither hot nor cold), pour into plates, add salmon cubes and decorate with chopped dill.
Before adding sour cream, the soup is almost unreal, bright emerald color! Then the color softens a little, and the taste becomes delicate and very pleasant.
In principle, it can even be called just a liquid hot salad!
Soup can also be served with croutons, diced avocados or even thickened semolina. However, it can be turned into a snack bar: pour into small narrow cups, put a spoonful of sour cream, and place the salmon, which has been slightly crushed with a fork, on top.