Sichuan Province in southwest China is the birthplace of one of the four main Chinese regional cuisines. This kitchen is the hottest.
If you are not used to eating spicy, you have three options. First: never try this wonderful salad.
Second: cook it without using chili. The third: to cook everything according to the recipe and to eat, washing down with natural yogurt or coconut milk.
Both products perfectly remove the effect of “liquid fire” in the mouth.
- 2 small chicken fillets
- 250 g Chinese egg noodles
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 long cucumber
- 2 handfuls of golden bean sprouts
- medium bunch of green onions (only the green part)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 tbsp. l peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. l sesame oil
- 3 cm fresh ginger root
- medium bunch of green onions (only the white part)
- 2 hot chili peppers
- 1 tbsp. l black rice vinegar or worcester sauce
- 4 tbsp. l soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. l rice wine or sake
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara
- Bake chicken fillet in the oven, very tightly wrapped in plastic wrap at a temperature not exceeding 180 ° C, 15 minutes. Take out, cool in the film for another 15 minutes, then unfold the film, cut the fillets into strips or divide the hands into fibers.
- To refill chili, clean seed, chop pulp. Peel the ginger and cut into small pieces. Crush the white part of green onions and ginger with the flat side of the knife. Heat the peanut butter in a wok or a deep frying pan with a thick bottom. Put ginger, onion and chilli in the butter. Immediately cover (or you will begin to sneeze and cough from pepper, which will be everywhere in the air) and remove the wok from the fire. Cool to room temperature.
Strain the oil through a strainer, discard all spices. Mix refined spicy oil with sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, rice wine and sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Leave aside.
- Cook the noodles as indicated on the package, drain in a colander, rinse with cold water, dry and mix with sesame oil.
- Cucumber peel, cut in half, remove the seeds. Cut the peeled carrots and cucumbers into thin strips, green onions (green part) in 2-3 cm pieces.
- Arrange the noodles on plates, on top of concentric circles lay a carrot, cucumber, bean sprouts and green onions. In the center place the pieces of chicken. Before serving, pour the salad dressing and lightly mix. Serve the salad chilled or at room temperature.
Instead of chicken in this salad you can use boiled turkey, seafood or pork. The inhabitants of the Sichuan province may not support us, but it is very tasty.