In this material, we consider a unique disease – atopic dermatitis and its corresponding treatment with the help of a diet. The uniqueness and at the same time, the absurdity of the disease lies in the fact that the appearance of its first symptoms directly depends not only on food or the degree of stress tolerance of a person, but also on the state of the environment.
Who is most susceptible to the occurrence of atopic dermatitis and how the therapeutic diet will help get rid of it, read on.
What is atopic dermatitis?
Atopic dermatitis – inflammation of the skin that appears on the human body due to heredity, external factors or improper nutrition. Since this rash is red, many people confuse it with allergies and treat it accordingly.
In order not to exacerbate the situation with medication using unknowingly, in the paragraph below, familiarize yourself with the symptoms due to which you can easily distinguish dermatitis from the usual allergic reaction and heal it as soon as possible with the help of a diet.
Symptoms and treatment
Most characteristic symptoms of atopic dermatitis expressed as follows:
- skin redness
- severe itching
- the appearance of small formations filled with pus or liquid
- dry, scaly skin
- tongue touch
- breathing problems
- runny nose
- eye inflammation
- the presence of viral infections, accompanied by deterioration of health
- difficulty in defecation.
Redness, accompanied by severe itching most often appear in the forehead, neck, knees, feet and hands. It should be noted that this disease is most susceptible to exacerbation in the winter, so it is recommended to follow a strict diet in the winter.
Your emotions also tend to influence the development of the disease: excessive psychological stress increases the appearance of atopic dermatitis at times. Therefore, try to avoid frequent stressful situations, in the presence of a genetic predisposition to dermatitis. Based on the above information, it would be logical, if the diet is observed, to exclude products that arouse the nervous system from the diet.
If you have found the presence of at least one of the above signs, you should immediately take action. The main treatment is to follow a diet with atopic dermatitis.
Types of diets for atopic dermatitis
In addition to atopic dermatitis, perioral and seborrheic varieties are most common. Let’s look at what are the main symptoms of these diseases and what is the essence of a special therapeutic diet to eliminate them.
So let’s start with perioral dermatitis. This disease is a skin rash around the mouth area. Since this kind of education on the face can not be hidden with the help of clothes, this particular type is considered the most unpleasant.
Diet for perioral dermatitis involves the cleansing of the intestines from harmful substances by drinking large amounts of drinking water per day, as well as products cooked in steam. Permissible: dairy products (kefir, sour cream, cottage cheese, yogurt), cereals (buckwheat, millet), lean meats (chicken, rabbit, beef), fruits and vegetables of green color (avocado, kiwi, apple, cucumbers, pepper, cabbage zucchini, broccoli). Refrain from alcohol, carbonated and sugary drinks, eggs, citrus, sweet and salty foods.
Seborrheic dermatitis appears mainly in the back of the head and behind the ears. The most obvious reason for this is hormonal failure and exposure of the body to frequent stressful situations. Perhaps the most logical advice in this case is not to worry about nothing.
Diet for seborrheic dermatitis strongly recommends that you abandon the carbohydrate-containing foods (cakes, jams, semolina, pasta, potatoes), food additives, alcoholic beverages and fast food. Replace the above with milk, herbal infusions, water, chicken and beef, vegetables (zucchini, asparagus, seaweed, broccoli), fruits and berries (apples, pears, currants, watermelon). Also, with a medical diet, it will be appropriate to take a medical complex of vitamins.
The basic principles of nutrition
In order for a therapeutic diet to produce results as soon as possible, with atopic dermatitis should:
- eat 4 to 6 times a day in small portions
- exclude from the diet food that promote the appearance of allergic reactions (citrus, chocolate)
- during the period of exacerbation of dermatitis, suspend the use of medicamentous vitamin-containing preparations
- also in the period of acute illness, refuse to use products that contain histamine (tomatoes, eggplants, cabbage, fish, sausages, bananas)
- use low calorie foods
- drink 2 to 2.5 liters of purified water daily without gas
- dishes from the diet menu to cook exclusively at home, without adding food additives (salt, sugar, ground pepper) and sauces
- cooked meals to eat warm
- carefully protect the skin from chemical and mechanical damage
- eliminate from the diet foods that affect the nervous system (semi-finished products, pastries, fast food).
Besides strict adherence to the above rules, Include the following ingredients in your diet:
- Omega 3 – flaxseed, vegetable oil, fish oil
- lacto and bifidobacteria – yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese
- B vitamins – buckwheat, corn, beans, asparagus
- folic acid – carrot, bran, pumpkin
- Vitamin E – rye bread, spinach, butter
- zinc – apples, rice, oatmeal.
The most effective treatment of atopic dermatitis in children is the treatment of Dr. E. O. Komarovsky. Evgeny Olegovich during this period all parents recommends the following actions:
- when dieting, eliminate from the diet all foods containing at least the slightest amount of harmful substances, because they enter the blood from the intestine and only exacerbate the situation
- try to keep the temperature at home so that your child sweat as little as possible
- exclude from its menu all sorts of products that provoke allergic reactions (chocolate, citrus, nuts) and save the baby from contact with pets (cats, dogs), whose wool also contains allergens.
Also, according to the method of Dr. Komarovsky, it is very important that the child does not have constipation. With the first symptoms, give your child a laxative (lactulose syrup, dufolak syrup), and also urgently “translate” it to a special therapeutic diet.
When dermatitis occurs in infants, A nursing mother should herself go on a diet, eliminating fatty dairy products (kefir, sour cream, cottage cheese), lard, butter, and fatty broths from her diet.
In order to avoid or reduce the development of this disease, the doctor believes that it is better to underfeed his child than to feed him. He explains this by saying that the matter is not at all in the quality of the products, but in their quantity. Komarovsky also suggests that the occurrence of atopic dermatitis in a child arises from an excess of protein in the menu. Therefore, avoid their presence in infant formula and other food when dieting until the baby is completely cured.
To make your child less sweat, thus aggravating their illness in the form of a rash on the body, it is necessary that the room temperature does not exceed +20 degrees Celsius
To eliminate the presence of chlorine in the water, no less dangerous with this disease, use a filter, or bring the water to boil, wait until it cools to the temperature you need before bathing your baby.
Baby clothes must be from natural flax or cotton. Also, in order for atopic dermatitis to withdraw itself as soon as possible, it is advisable to crush calcium gluconate tablets and add them to dairy dishes contained in the children’s menu.
No less than children symptoms of atopic dermatitis are observed and in adults. In order to eliminate in the shortest possible time, experts recommend:
- in combination with a diet, take anti-allergic drugs (Suprastin, Cetrin, Claretin)
- clean the gastrointestinal tract using detoxification products such as Polysorb, Enterosgel and, of course, activated carbon
- Get rid of all sorts of sources of allergens: contact with pets that have wool, eating chocolate and citrus.
Since adults are subject to frequent stressful situations, due to the numerous burden of problems that have accumulated throughout their lives, in addition to the diet to eliminate atopic dermatitis, experts advise taking light types of sedatives: “Glycine”, “Valerian”, “Novopassit”. Also, do not forget about the tincture of motherwort and hawthorn, which help to calm the person in the shortest possible time, thereby contributing to the improvement of the heart.
Also in the presence of dermatitis, try as often as possible to use moisturizers for the skin. Avoid sweating and sudden changes in temperature. When dieting, try not to eat either too cold or too hot.
In addition to all the above tips and recommendations on how to quickly get rid of atopic dermatitis in adults and children, without fail it is necessary to adhere to a medical diet. What can and can not eat with this kind of diet, we will tell in the following paragraph.
What can you eat and what can not?
List of permitted diet products for atopic dermatitis includes:
- dairy products: kefir, yogurt, cheese
- pork, beef, rabbit, turkey
- cabbage, zucchini, pumpkin
- peas, beans
- apples, pears, plums
- currant, gooseberry, sweet cherry
- refined, vegetable and butter
- wheat and grain bread
Subject to a therapeutic diet, In moderate form, you can eat the following foods:
- milk, sour cream, cottage cheese
- lamb, chicken
- carrot, beet
- onion garlic
- cherry, cranberry, blackberry
Diet for atopic dermatitis is strictly prohibited. Use of such food in the menu:
- spicy, salty, smoked, fried and fatty dishes
- sausages, wieners, sausage
- fish, caviar, seafood
- processed cheese
- mayonnaise, ketchup
- ice cream
- radish, sorrel, spinach, tomatoes, pepper
- sauerkraut and pickled cucumbers
- strawberries, strawberries, raspberries, apricots, peaches, grapes, kiwi, pineapples, watermelon, melon
- carbonated drinks
- coffee, cocoa, chocolate
- honey, marshmallows, caramel, confectionery.
Sample menu for the week
A therapeutic diet for atopic dermatitis involves eating small meals, including low-calorie foods. Based on the above list of permissible foods, approximate diet menu for the week.
In order not to distract you from more important matters, we present you our version of the diet menu for the next seven days, in order to eliminate atopic dermatitis:
- Breakfast: buckwheat porridge, warm unsweetened tea
- Lunch: boiled rice – 150 g and 250 g of baked chicken meat
- Dinner: low-fat beef patties, steamed.
- cottage cheese with dried fruits – 250g and a cup of green tea
- meatballs and apple compote
- braised cabbage – 250 g and broth hips.
- oatmeal, hot drink and slice of cheese
- veggie soup with pasta, dried fruit compote
- Steamed meat patties.
- vegetable salad with carrots and cabbage, herbal infusion
- mashed potatoes with low-fat fish cutlets, a glass of warm milk
- 200 g of boiled rice and cottage cheese with raisins.
- toast with cheese and a glass of milk
- fruit salad, seasoned with low-fat natural yogurt
- stewed zucchini and a glass of kefir.
- rice porridge with milk and jam
- curd casserole with apples and raisins, black tea
- rabbit stew – 200 g and broth hips.
- mashed potatoes and steamed chicken meatballs
- baked turkey with cabbage and zucchini – 300 g
- apple salad, pears and banana drink apple compote.
Consider the most delicious and useful recipes for the treatment of atopic dermatitis in adults and children. Let’s start with the most satisfying breakfast dishes with a diet:
Beef Stew Cutlets
Beef Stew Cutlets
Ingredients: 400 g low-fat beef meat, one egg yolk, onion, two carrots (raw and boiled), 5-6 potatoes, a tablespoon of low-fat sour cream, a pinch of salt.
- beef meat mince
- chop onions and boiled carrots
- add the above ingredients to the ground beef along with sour cream and egg yolk
- add salt and mix the ingredients thoroughly
- then put in the fridge for 30 minutes
- after a specified time, pull the stuffing out of the fridge and make cutlets from it
- peel and cut raw carrots and potatoes
- put the chopped vegetables in the pot
- then put the burgers on top and steam for 25 minutes.
For lunch with a medical diet for eliminating dermatitis, you can afford vitamins-rich sweets:
Mango and banana dessert for dermatitis diet
Mango and Banana Dessert
Ingredients: mango, banana, pinch of mint.
- peel banana and cut into slices
- then peel the mango and remove the flesh from it
- put fruit in the freezer for 2-3 hours
- then grind them in a blender and pour into dessert glasses.
For dinner diets for atopic dermatitis can afford a hearty meal:
Lavash roll with cottage cheese
Lavash roll with cottage cheese
Ingredients: 250 g low-fat cottage cheese, 250 g celery root, a handful of parsley, 50 g leaf lettuce, two pita.
- chop the greens and mix until smooth with the curd
- unfold the pita breads and smear them with the obtained curd mixture
- then roll them into rolls.
All the above recipes of the diet are suitable for eliminating atopic dermatitis by eating delicious dishes.
A therapeutic diet for dermatitis requires strict adherence to all rules and unprecedented endurance in order to resist and not comb the first redness that appears.