Choosing boots for football on the grass is not as easy as it seems at first glance. In order to make a truly useful purchase, it is necessary to take into account many important nuances.
The first thing to remember – football shoes for the street, unlike the shoes for training in the hall, must be equipped with spikes. In addition, it is worth paying attention to the material from which they are made. Shoe size also plays a big role.
Consider each of the parameters in more detail.
Adidas Adinova IV TRX FG
How many thorns should there be and their shape
The main difference between boots for playing on grass is in the number and type of thorns. The most commonly used shoes with 8 or 12-13 spikes. In this case, their shape may be round, oblong or any other. The selection of boots by these criteria must match the coverage on which they will be applied. Therefore, the creators of football boots are divided into 3 groups:
For soft ground – “Soft Ground”:
This category includes boots with 6 or 8 spikes, which are characterized by a round shape. They are ideal for playing during or after rain, as well as on high-quality lawns. The length of the spike with a metal tip in such boots should be no more than 18 millimeters. It is undesirable to use these boots for children under 15 years of age, since 6-spines cause a strong strain of the still growing foot and can lead to its deformation or the formation of flat-footedness.
In addition, there are hybrid boots «SG Pro» for soft and wet soils, combining conventional and metal spikes.
Nike Air Zoom Total 90 III SG, price 3000 rubles
For hard ground – “Hard Ground”, “Firm Ground” and “Very Hard Ground”:
These shoes are more versatile and, as a rule, equipped with 13 spikes, the shape of which can be rectangular elongated or round. To practice on extremely hard ground, you should purchase shoes with spikes resembling blades – “Very Hard Ground”.
For an artificial covering – “Hard Ground”, “Firm Ground”, “Multi Stud Rubber”:
The proposed options are an excellent solution not only for solid ground, but also for synthetics. The “Multi Stud Rubber” models with a lot of rubber round spikes thickened upwards reduce pressure on the foot, and are therefore recommended for children’s sports.
- If you choose shoes for children, it is better to give preference to products with not less than 20 spikes. In this case, shoes with a “TF” mark are suitable (more for dry fields than for grass), which evenly distribute the load on the child’s feet and provide a feeling of comfort. You should also look at the model “Multi Ground” with 24 spikes. These are full-fledged boots for a solid field, suitable for both children and adult players.
- If you plan to use shoes on wet ground, your choice is to stop on the sole with spikes of metal. In addition, some models are specially equipped with different types of spikes, which allows the athlete to achieve better speed and maneuverability in movement.
Nike JR Hypervenom Phelon TF, price 2490 rubles.
Material: Which is better – leather or synthetic?
To date, manufacturers offer shoes made of genuine leather or artificial materials. In the choice of both, there are also a number of features.
Leather soccer shoes
Natural leather is an excellent material for the production of boots, as it has high elasticity, strength, durability and resistance to moisture. In addition, these shoes “breathe” better, providing comfort throughout the game.
The first place in quality, ease and flexibility is given to kangaroo leather shoes – “k-Leather”. Also quite popular are calf skin boots – “full-grain leather”. The second option is more in demand for people with a limited budget.
Compared to leather, synthetics are less breathable and poorly stretched. However, Japanese skin and microfiber, which are the most common materials for making boots, have rather good properties. Shoes from expensive synthetics in their quality, as a rule, close to leather.
It is worth noting the fact that many manufacturers make serious contributions to the development of new technologies and developments. In this case, attention is focused on improving the properties of synthetic materials. The emphasis is on increasing the strength, lightness and protective qualities of the boots.
Adidas Adinova IV TRX TF budget boots from synthetic, price 1640 rubles.
How to choose the size of football boots
There are also several nuances in the choice of size. For example, leather boots should be taken 1 size smaller, as this material tends to stretch during wear. Synthetics, in contrast, need to buy exactly according to your size.
Competently choosing the size of the shoe, taking into account the characteristics of the material, you can count on maximum comfort during the game. Boots will fit tightly to the foot and thus create optimal conditions for controlling the ball.
Some tips for choosing
- At the time of buying consider the style of play (defense or attack), age of the player and weather conditions
- Make sure, that your chosen shoes do not crush and do not rub your leg
- Appearance the shoe must satisfy the player’s taste preferences
- In advance determine the budget that you are ready to allocate for the purchase of goods.
Finally, it should be noted that choosing shoes from proven well-known manufacturers Adidas and Nike, you can count on guaranteed high quality shoes.
Top Adidas grass soccer shoes:
- Adidas Adinova IV TRX FG – 3750 rub.
- Adidas Predator Absolado TRX FG – 2690 rub.
- Adidas Predator TRX FG – 6590 rub.
- Adidas F50 Adizero Prime FG – 5800 rub.
- Adidas F50 Adizero Micoach TRX FG LEA – 7990 rub.
Top Nike grass soccer shoes:
- Nike Mercurial Vapor III FG – 2990 rub.
- Nike Tiempo Mystic IV FG – 3490 rub.
- Nike Tiempo Natural IV LTR FG – 2500 rub.
- Nike Mercurial Vapor V FG – 7890 rub.
- Nike Mercurial Vapor VIII FG – 7100 rubles.
- Nike Mercurial Vapor IX FG – 4490 rub.
- Nike Tiempo Legend IV Elite FG – 4990 rub.